Friday, August 14, 2009

Adventures in the Highlands

I seem to be a bit obsessed with mountains, I spend all my time away taking pictures of them - I just got back from Scotland, a pretty intense 4 1/2 day road trip around the western highlands and I got a lot of pictures of, yes, mountains...

I managed to get as far as the Isle of Uist, a short ferry ride from the mainland and one of the most unusual landscapes I have come across in the British Isles, The pockmarked and broken earth supports only one main road that meanders the length of the country which was easily navigated in the best part of a day.

I tried to go through the 600 odd pictures to find something thats not damn mountains, a few might have slipped through.. but I hope they are interesting enough to be forgivable. As usual there are more images on the flickr stream.

IMG_0011 IMG_0225







IMG_0228 IMG_0177

Untitled_Panorama2

IMG_0192 IMG_0091

1 comment: